In: Chart Plotters with AIS
Includes all features of KP-39 with added Class B+ SO-TDMA AIS transceiver. AVES Marine sell two versions of this plotter, they differ only in the AIS unit installed :
- Version 1. Standard production line version – this is completely adequate as a collision warning AIS system and will meet the needs of most users. AIS reception on a good aerial – around 11 miles.
- Version 2. Specially built for AVES Marine by Onwa. It has the same AIS unit as installed in the more expensive KP708A which has a more sensitive AIS unit. You can expect to approximately double the reception range and number of received targets over the standard production line version KP39A. This is suitable for users who want to see vessels that are at a greater distance (20+ miles assuming a good aerial system). Whilst not necessary for collision awareness it is, nevertheless, interesting to have a broader picture of the AIS equipped vessels over a larger area.
Class B+ Technology
- SOTDMA technology – same technology as used by class A and guaranteed time slot allocation
- 5 W transmission power – increases the range and AIS satellite reception enabling global tracking
- Range – can be seen as far as 10 – 12 nm (aerial dependant)
- Increased transmission rate (based on speed)
- Transmits and receives AIS messages and data from your vessel to class A, class B, AIS base station, AIS buoy, AIS SART and vice versa. Receive emergency distress message from Onwa man overboard crew member SART
- Onwa Marine AIS encrypted technology
- CPA and TCPA is shown to ensure safe sailing
- Pop up alarm box when AIS rescue alarm (AIS SART or AIS MOB) is received
AIS Tracking Functions
- Clear overlay of AIS targets on the mapping system (plotter screen mode)
- AIS target information is shown when the cursor is pointing at an AIS target
- Optional selection of displaying the name of all AIS targets in real time
- Can send and receive composed messages between ONWA AIS plotters
- Messages can be broadcasted or can be sent to a specific MMSI no.
- Message history and number of unread messages can be viewed when a contact is selected
- Pop up box for incoming message alert
- Track fishing boats and small commercial vessels with AIS class B type transeivers across the globe
- Can send standard AIS message and exactTrax message
- ONWO AIS can connect other sensors to the AIS module such as ultrosonic weather sensor and speed log, to send with exactTrax message
- In order to use exactTrax, user must avail ExactEarth service
Air Track Recording
- Ability to record tracks of AIS targets – auto and manual AIS saved tracks
- Recorded tracks are useful when checking the records during an accident
- Recorded AIS tracks can be reviewed and displayed in the plotter screen
- External GPS with 10 metres cable & adaptor BNC to SMA
Click on the image to open
- Glomex RA111AIS 162mHz aerial (specifically tuned to AIS frequencies. Stubby/flexible, comes with stainless mount for pole or surface fitting.